Sunday, January 6, 2013

Banana Snack Cake

I woke up yesterday and wanted to make some rice pudding with my leftover rice. So I put the rice in the pot and realized I was out of milk. No big deal, I used some evaporated milk. Turns out I was also out of sugar, white and brown, so I used the last of my honey. I decided it was time to go grocery shopping...


Armed with fresh ingredients, I decided to make this delicious snack cake with those bananas that has been sitting on the counter for too long. I accidentally doubled the first two ingredients, so I just had to double the rest. Too bad :)



This recipe is a family favorite and one of the recipes that we would make all the time when we were down in Peru because it is easy and we always had bananas.



Banana Snack Cake

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
½ cup buttermilk (or milk with a tsp of vinegar or lemon juice)
2 bananas- mashed
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup whole oats
1 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla and bananas.
In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Add
chocolate chips and pour into 9x13 greased pan or greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 35-40 min or
until knife inserted in center comes out clean.


1 comment: