Thursday, January 17, 2013

Black Bean Soup



I love posting recipes because I  try to remember where I got them and what memories are associated with them. A lot of my food memories involve my two best friends who were sisters. I guess we did a lot of eating together. 
This soup recipe is one of their's and reminds me of "staying for dinner" at their house. They always had a fruit salad at dinner, which was awesome because I thought fruit salad was dessert. I still remember their vinyl tablecloth and dishware. I was so sad when they moved my senior year of high school, and so happy when we became roommates in college. I still call and ask them for recipes of dishes I remember having at their house. This is one of my favorites. It is so quick and easy and super tasty. 

Black Bean Soup
Collet Family

1 c salsa 
2 (15 ½ oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chicken broth
1 t lime juice
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
Sour cream to garnish
Tortilla chips


Heat salsa over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 min. Stir in beans and broth. Boil, then lower and simmer for 15 minutes.
Ladle half of the soup into blender and puree. Return pureed soup to pot. Stir in lime juice & cilantro just before serving. Serve soup warm w/ dollop of sour cream. Eat w/ tortilla chips. Makes 4 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment