Saturday, December 29, 2012

Chocolate Peppermint Cake Roll

I saw this recipe more than a year ago on Joy the Baker and I have wanted to make it ever since. I finally got around to it this Christmas. The pictures didn't turn out as well as I would like, but the cake itself was delicious. It is light and fluffy but still rich and decadent. A deadly combination.


We had a few mishaps with the cake (no semi sweet chocolate so we combined milk and dark) and an even bigger mishap with the whipped filling (I mistook a bottle of peppermint oil for peppermint extract and the filling tasted like an aromatherapy bath, so we had to start over), but somehow it turned out.



I wouldn't really change anything from Joy's original recipe and she gives great step by step instructions with pictures. But we did add some crushed peppermint to the filling because I am a peppermint lover. Click on the link above for the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how this cake is! I think I pinned it as well. It sure looks yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete