Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Honey Almond Chia Seed Pudding with Strawberries



I first had this little guy at a work retreat.  One of our chefs brought it as an example of a creative way to use a healthy grain. She gave a presentation about how to use quinoa in salads and incorporating millet and farro in soups and such. It was a cool presentation, but this visual aid was my favorite. And the best part? It is so stupid easy to make. 


Chia seeds do this really cool thing when they get wet. They expand and form a jelly like coating that instantly thickens whatever they were added to. I love them in my smoothies or you can even add them to plain water. They remind me a bit of tapioca, so if you are not a tapioca pudding fan, you probably wont like this. Just a heads up. 


And like with most of my recipes, it is easily adapted to fit your dietary needs and taste preferences. But here is how I made it, and it turned out delicious. 


Ingredients:
1 cup Honey Greek Yogurt (I recommend Greek Gods brand)
3/4 cup Vanilla Almond Milk (unsweetened)
2 Tablespoons whole chia seeds

1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons sliced/slivered almonds

Directions: 
Combine yogurt, milk and chia seeds in bowl. Mix well and let sit for 10 min. In a separate bowl toss strawberries and honey and let sit. When ready to serve, spoon pudding, strawberries and almonds in to a bowl, parfait style if you want. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment