Sunday, June 22, 2014

Tinfoil Tacos

 Have I mentioned how much I love camping? I do. In fact I do it for a living. But more on that later.
I love the hiking, and the fire, and the fresh air and trees and the food. Mostly the food. It might be my favorite part of camping. Ok fine, it IS my favorite part of camping! And I like getting creative with camping food. Like these tacos.


Tinfoil dinners are pretty classic, and they are pretty good. But not my favorite. So I spiced them up and made tacos! They were a huge hit with the group we went camping with. They are easy, delicious and quick. 


 You can mix it up with soft shell and hard shell tacos, different kinds of beans and so on. Here's how you do it:

2 lbs hamburger- seasoned with taco seasoning, cooked and stored in an airtight bag
1 package small tortillas
1 package hard shell tacos
1 can beans (black or pinto work great)
Shredded cheese

Stuff torillas/taco shells with meat, beans and cheese. Wrap in tinfoil. Place in coals/fire for 10-15 min. Tacos are done when you can hear the cheese sizzling through the tinfoil. Open carefully with tongs and top with toppings:

Sour cream
Salsa
Lettuce


No comments:

Post a Comment