Thursday, November 28, 2013

Whole Wheat Kernel Buttermilk Pancakes in the Blender


These are pretty wonderful pancakes. My mom found the recipe just a little while ago and every time we come home to visit she makes them for us. There are only a few ingredients and making them in a blender means they take no time at all.

These pancakes work best if you have a high powered blender (my Blendtec is pretty much the most amazing thing ever), but I think they will be ok in a normal blender. 


Whole wheat kernals make these pancakes rich and almost nutty. I assume you can buy them at a grocery store, or at least a healthy food store. I stole mine from my mom.... so I am no help.


The recipe makes the batter quite thick, which I enjoy, but it does mean you have to spread the batter yourself with a spoon. If you don't want to worry about this and enjoy thinner pancakes, go ahead and add a little more buttermilk. 



Wheat Kernel Buttermilk Blender Pancakes


1 cup whole wheat kernels
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda
1-2 Tbsp sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1egg

Combine wheat kernels and buttermilk in blender. Blend on high for 60 seconds, until mixture is smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend for an additional 30 seconds on high. Pour or scoop batter on to butter greased skillet. When small bubbles begin to form on pancake, flip over and cook for another 30 seconds. Serve warm with butter and syrup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment